Hunter X Hunter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Job] Nen presentation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kenshiro Kuroshin
Nen-User
Kenshiro Kuroshin

Character sheet
Jenny: 15100

[Job] Nen presentation Empty
PostSubject: [Job] Nen presentation   [Job] Nen presentation EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 5:52 pm

Kenshiro had already gotten tired of this “saving damsels in distress” set of jobs that he had been accepting until recently. It was nice to help people and he was glad to be doing something constructive and helpful, but in this instance he was happier to be teaching someone how to help others. It felt like he was doing more to help people by teaching someone the skills they might need to later teach someone else.
After arriving at heaven’s arena and seeing some of the matches he was starting to get excited about the experiences he was going to have… Or at least he was until he saw the person that hired him get knocked down. The guy he was fighting used a leg sweep to take his employer’s balance and then drove his elbow into his chest to help encourage him to stay on the floor. How was this guy supposed to learn nen if he couldn’t even do basic combat? From using gyo it didn’t even appear that the other fighter was using nen either.

Word count: 178/800
Back to top Go down
Kenshiro Kuroshin
Nen-User
Kenshiro Kuroshin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [Job] Nen presentation   [Job] Nen presentation EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks to this new development his heart started to sink. At this stage the guy shouldn’t even need nen in order to win most of his fights, though just by having that as an edge he could increase his vitality and endurance. He was thoroughly convinced that using nen baptism to try to jump start him was going to be a waste of time since it was going to kill the guy. The job that he thought would be so easy was now looking to be the most difficult one that he had picked up to date.

As he thought all this and continued to watch the match he saw that the guy got back up, regained his footing, and started to fight back. The problem wasn’t necessarily that he didn’t have any endurance. As he continued to watch the man made another attack. It was quick, ferocious, and aimed at a vital point. Still it was blocked and he seemed to get wrapped up in trying to defend at that point as though he couldn’t focus on both at the same time. Something he had learned from his last mission was that rhythm played a major role in combat. His employer seemed like he could benefit better from timing training and learning to attack and defend simultaneously than he could from simply learning nen.

word count: 403/800
Back to top Go down
Kenshiro Kuroshin
Nen-User
Kenshiro Kuroshin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [Job] Nen presentation   [Job] Nen presentation EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 1:36 pm

After the match, Ken approached the fighter and offered his hand.
”My name is Kenshiro, I’m here to help with your… problem.” He said, shaking his head slightly as he said the word.
”You’re going to teach me about nen?!? You can show me right? Let me see!” He answered excitedly.
”There’s much more to it than that. First, I’ll need your name. I don’t train people that I don’t know. He said as if he had trained anyone at all before. ”Second, it won’t do me any good to show you, you’re incapable of seeing it even if I did. And finally, we need to discuss whether or not you want to do this the short way, or the fast way while keeping in mind that the fast way may get you killed.” He explained. It was the wordiest he had been in a long time, and there was no reason to think that he would be getting shorter. His teacher Kamui had often given lengthy explanations when he was learning as well.
”Like I’m going to learn from a kid. I bet you wouldn’t last one second out there even if you could use nen, and I’m not saying you could.” The man replied, lashing out due to his own insulted pride, but Ken wasn’t responsible for the man’s pride.
”Well if you need an example of what you should be expected to do without nen before we start, the ball is in your court.” He said, taking a fighting stance with his right leg slightly back and his left leg in a relaxed position so that his balance was focused on his body instead of one leg or the other. His opponent, however, took on a straight forward attacker stance. He felt like if he was going to be a nen user, he would be an enhancer, he was so straight forward and in your face he was sure of it.

word count: 727/800
Back to top Go down
Kenshiro Kuroshin
Nen-User
Kenshiro Kuroshin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [Job] Nen presentation   [Job] Nen presentation EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 5:16 pm

In the next instant the fighter attacked, but Ken was gone, spinning underneath the punch and striking his solar plexus with his elbow followed by a kick to the knee, and a strong hit to the back of the side of the neck at the brachial plexus. The attacks were precision and all of it followed a rhythm, the tempo of which could change at any time like the beating of a drum. The specifics of the fight were entirely lost on his employer.
”Now if you’re ready to learn, I’ll need an answer about whether you want to use the slow way or the fast way.” He said.
”Fasht way.” His employer responded with his face in the ground.

Kenshiro began his employer’s nen training with simple sparring at first in order to get him used to the concept of attacking and defending at the same time. It took about a day, but thankfully he wasn’t without some aptitude.
”Now you’re going to play the drums. Once I feel like you’ve gotten used to it, you’ll play them against me in competition.” He said, happy to try out his own new methods of training and add them to his own teacher’s. The things he had learned from others during his journey had helped him get this far, and now it was time for someone else to get a fresh start to theirs.
”I don’t know how to play the drums. I would just be hitting them mindlessly.” His new student responded.
”So you hit them mindlessly until you start to get a sense of what you’re doing. Once you find your beat you simply improve and build upon that.” Ken responded.

1009/800
Back to top Go down
Kenshiro Kuroshin
Nen-User
Kenshiro Kuroshin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [Job] Nen presentation   [Job] Nen presentation EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

It took two days of his employer beating on the drums, during which time his employer was not allowed sleep. It wasn’t until a major breakthrough in the throws up a delirium that the man finally started to play something that made sense. He found his beat. Still, while exhausted, ken forced him to continue playing until he was sure it was in his employer’s muscle memory before finally allowing him to go to sleep.

The next day when Kenshiro woke his employer, he began having him play the drums again, but this time Ken joined and played as well. Just as he had done against the old man he began playing against this new opponent in much the same way. This time, however, he had learned something about rhythm and instead of only beating on them as fast as he could, he took complex patterns. His employer wasn’t without his own rhythm and as complex, erratic, and unpredictable as Ken’s beat was, his employers was confident, forthright, and completely straight forward to the point of almost sounding like war drums. This wasn’t a competition and enough proficiency had been demonstrated to move forward and begin the nen baptism.

1208/800
Back to top Go down
Kenshiro Kuroshin
Nen-User
Kenshiro Kuroshin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [Job] Nen presentation   [Job] Nen presentation EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Finally ready, Ken elected the fifth day for his employer to truly begin training his nen.
”This method is seldom used, extremely frowned upon, and may result in your death. If you survive you should be able to start mastering your own nen and you can begin to create your own techniques. I would assume you already know about building your hatsu, that part will be up to you. As long as you accept the risk I will do this.” He explained, arms across his chest as he waited for his student’s response.
”I didn’t play drums for two days to take that as my nen training. I’ll take the risk.” He responded.

With his hand on his employer’s back Ken visualized his aura flowing into and building his employer’s being and activated his ren. At first the new initiates aura began to overflow, large portions of it leaving his body.
”Remember your Rhythm! Your aura can ebb and flow just like the beat of the drums. That’s your personal rhythm!” He shouted. At Kenshiro’s command, his employer’s aura began to pulse outward harder, then it would withdraw closer to his body, then pulse outward even further before coming back to outline his body in a jagged and uneven pattern.
”I’m doing it!” He shouted.
”Yes, now you have to learn zetsu before you run out of aura and die, you need to close all of your aura nodes that have been opened. Stop the drums, set the sticks down.” Ken demanded. It took a full five minutes, but the man actually managed to shut down his aura and it was an impressive feat for how well he had done. Somehow, this unassuming man had managed to survive learning nen. Now the fun part began.
”I think you’re ready, so if you can pull off these next two feats I’ll be ready to leave you to learn on your own. Don’t get yourself killed. Focus your aura on your eyes, this will allow you to see my aura as I activate it. Eventually you’ll learn to keep aura covering your body while looking, but in this instance put it all in your eyes.” He ordered, using gyo himself while he watched his new protégé make attempt.

It took a few hours, but an exhausted fighter finally managed to get himself to use gyo, meanwhile Kenshiro activated his ren. An explosive amount of aura washed outwards in random directions, though the extensions of aura stayed away from his employer.
”This is how you enhance yourself. You can become faster, stronger, more durable when you use ren during combat. It’s about forcing your aura outward in a controlled manner to reinforce yourself.” He explained before deactivating it and walking over to a nearby counter and filling a cup and placing a leaf on top of the water.
”I’m going to be around the hotel for a little while. Once you figure out how to properly use ten, I want you to get hold of me. You’ll need to learn how to channel it into the cup.” He ordered.

Nearly three days later he did receive a call from the man. During the water divination he found that the water started changing color from clear to a deep blue. Apparently he was an emitter, which meant Ken had much to learn about determining people’s aura types from their personalities, but it would be a valuable trick to have up his sleeve when he mastered it. With the job completed, he accepted his payment and left to pursue other goals. There was much to learn still and he had taken something valuable from this teaching experience. Perhaps it was true, the best way to learn is to teach.

word count: 1833/800 COMPLETE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Job] Nen presentation   [Job] Nen presentation Empty

Back to top Go down

[Job] Nen presentation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1